The Visual Arts Centre is a not-for-profit arts organization, comprised of the largest bilingual independent art school in Canada, a well-recognized contemporary art gallery, and an outreach education program. As a registered charity with less than half of its operating budget coming from governments, the Centre relies on funding from private sources such as donations, and sponsorships. Administrative fees, gallery programming, and outreach activities are all subsidized by donations. Support from our donor community is absolutely essential for us to continue to achieve our mission to offer exceptional and accessible art education in a stimulating and welcoming community. We are very grateful to each of our donors.
Charitable registration no. 106896244RR000
Since 1946, the Visual Arts Centre has been a leader in art education in Montreal. Help us continue this work.
You can make a difference!
Every Dollar Counts
This year, we plan to raise $10,000 from our donor community. Help us offer the best possible art educational experience to each of our community members.
Your Donations Allow Us to :
- Continue to offer a vibrant curriculum of in-person and online courses and workshops;
- Keep tuition for courses as low as possible, especially given the smaller class sizes;
- Pay for extra custodial hours;
- Continue to attract a dynamic team of talented and inspiring teachers;
- Sustain the McClure Gallery, a respected contemporary art venue with free programming;
- Organize free community outreach projects with vulnerable populations;
- Responsibly maintain and upgrade our historic building.
Read this year’s letter from Jessica Houston, a teacher at the Visual Arts Centre.
Images: Matt Ayotte
Designed and developed by WSI Digital Marketing Agency Montreal.