- To offer excellence and accessibility in the education and presentation of the visual arts.
- To provide a welcoming, inclusive, and stimulating environment that encourages the development of skill, creativity, and critical thinking in each student.
- To address the needs of the community through arts programming.
- To promote and advocate for the role and benefits of the visual arts in broader society.
- To employ art education as a means to support, enhance, and promote social justice efforts.