New Safety Measures
To keep our community safe while in the VAC’s building this fall, there will be a series of distancing and hygiene measures in place. Below is a selection of these. A more complete list will be provided when you sign up for a course.
- Masks must be word over the mouth and nose at all times in the building.
- Everyone must maintain at least 2m distance between people.
- We have hired a second concierge to help us with covid hygiene measures to ensure the health and safety of our students, visitors, and employees.
- Students and visitors will enter through our Victoria Ave. door and will exit through the Somerville door, with the exception of students taking courses in Studio F (which has its own door).
- Students and visitors will wait outside the Victoria Ave. door, maintaining at least 2m between people.
- Students’ teachers will let them into the building 15 minutes before the start of class.
- The gallery coordinator will let visitors in, respecting the maximum number of visitors allowed in at a time. We encourage people to reserve a timeslot beforehand.
- All visitors and students will respond to a questionnaire before entering the building. No one is allowed in the building if they:
- have symptoms related to covid-19 (fever, cough, respiratory difficulties, sudden loss of smell without congestion)
- have been in contact with anyone who they suspect has covid-19
- if they tested positive for covid-19 and have not yet been diagnosed as recovered
- have travelled outside the country in the previous 14 days.
- Everyone must disinfect their hands upon entering and exiting the building and when entering and exiting the gallery and studios.
- Furthermore, we encourage frequent handwashing with soap and water – there are sinks in every studio and in the gallery.
- There are flow directives throughout the building, which must be adhered to.
- Visitors and students cannot enter the administrative office. All course registrations and questions must occur online or over the phone.
- Each washroom has hygiene etiquette posters, which must be followed.
- Students will be asked to clean their stations and shared tools they have used.
- If anyone tests positive for covid-19 and believes that they were infectious while in our building, they must inform administration (email@example.com).
- If you require an accommodation, please contact us to discuss this with a member of our team before enrolling. Please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by phone (514-488-9558).
Together, we will be able to make and experience art in a safe way at the Visual Arts Centre. Thank you for your cooperation.
Visual Arts Centre newsletter
Follow the McClure Gallery
Contact UsVisual Arts Centre
350 Victoria Avenue
Montreal (QC) H3Z 2N4
Gallery e-mail: email@example.com
Office HoursThe office is closed to the public due to the covid-19 pandemic. Please call or send us an email.
Gallery HoursTuesday to Friday 12:00 – 6:00 pm
Saturday 12:00 – 5:00 pm
Please note that only a certain number of people may enter the gallery at any one time. Visitors are encouraged to make an appointment before visiting the gallery. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus 24, 63, 104, 13
Fall registration begins August 10
Winter registration begins November 16
Summer registration (children and teens) begins March 8. Adults begins May 3
Spring registration begins March 15
Friday, April 2, 2021
Monday, April 5, 2021
Make-up classes will be scheduled at the end of the session.