New Safety Measures
To continue to keep our community safe while in the VAC’s building this Spring, there will be a series of distancing and hygiene measures in place. Below is a selection of these. A more complete list will be provided the week courses begin. Please remember that we adapt our measures according to the changing government guidelines.
- Masks must be worn over the mouth and nose at all times in the building.
- Everyone must maintain at least 1m distance between people.
- Visitors and students cannot enter the administrative office. All course registrations and questions must occur online or over the phone.
- There are flow directives throughout the building, which must be adhered to.
– Students and visitors will enter through our Victoria Ave. door and will exit through the Somerville door, with the exception of students taking courses in Studio F (which has its own door).
– A staff member will let students into the building 15 minutes before the start of class and there are timed and staggered break times for each class.
– Students and visitors will wait outside the Victoria Ave. door, maintaining at least 1m between people.
- The gallery coordinator will let visitors in, respecting the maximum number of visitors allowed in at a time. We encourage people to reserve a timeslot beforehand (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No one is allowed in the building if they:
– Have symptoms related to COVID-19h
– Have been asked to isolate themselves by public health authorities (e.g. waiting for a COVID test, having been in close contact with someone they suspect has COVID-19, etc.)
– If they tested positive for COVID-19 and have not yet been diagnosed as recovered by public health authorities
– If anyone tests positive for COVID-19 and believes that they were infectious while in our building, they must inform the administration (email@example.com)
- Everyone must disinfect their hands upon entering and exiting the building and when entering and exiting the gallery and studios. Furthermore, we encourage frequent handwashing with soap and water – there are sinks in every studio and in the gallery.
- Each washroom has hygiene etiquette posters, which must be followed.
- Students will be asked to clean their stations and shared tools they have used.
Together, we will be able to make and experience art in a safe way at the Visual Arts Centre.
We thank you for your cooperation.
Visual Arts Centre newsletter
Follow the McClure Gallery
Contact UsVisual Arts Centre
350 Victoria Avenue
Montreal (QC) H3Z 2N4
Gallery e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office HoursThe office is closed to the public due to the covid-19 pandemic. Please call or send us an email.
Gallery HoursTuesday to Friday 12:00 – 6:00 pm
Saturday 12:00 – 5:00 pm
* Closed Sunday and Monday
* Closed July and August
Please note that only a certain number of people may enter the gallery at any one time. Visitors are encouraged to make an appointment before visiting the gallery. Email your request to email@example.com
Bus 24, 63, 104, 13
Fall registration begins August 10
Winter registration begins November 16
Summer registration (children and teens) begins March 8. Adults begins May 3
Spring registration begins March 15
Friday, April 2, 2021
Monday, April 5, 2021
Make-up classes will be scheduled at the end of the session.