Visual Arts Centre newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter to receive information about our courses, updates about the Centre, events, and exhibitions. You can also follow the Visual Arts Centre on Facebook!
Follow the McClure Gallery
Stay up to date on exhibitions and events at the McClure Gallery by signing up for the gallery mailing list. You can also follow the McClure Gallery on Facebook!
Mon. – Thurs. 9 am to 7 pm
Fri. 9 am to 4 pm
Tuesday to Friday 12:00 – 6:00 pm
Saturday 12:00 – 5:00 pm
* Closed Sunday and Monday
* Closed July and August
Summer Camp (Youth and Teens):
Spring (Adults, Youth and Teens):
Good Friday: Fri, Apr 15, 2022
Easter Monday: Mon, Apr 18, 2022
National Patriots’ Day: Mon, May 23, 2022
Nativity of John the Baptist: Fri, Jun 24, 2022
Canada Day: Fri, Jul 1, 2022
Labour Day: Mon, Sept 5, 2022
Thanksgiving: Mon, Oct 10, 2022
Christmas: Mon, Dec 26, 2022
Make-up classes will be scheduled at the end of the session.
Bus 24, 63, 104, 138
Visual Arts Centre
350 Victoria Avenue
Montreal (QC) H3Z 2N4
Gallery e-mail: email@example.com
Accessibility Information for the School at the Visual Arts Centre
The school has 7 studios on 4 floors (including the basement). There is no elevator (though we are fundraising for one!)
The ceramic studio is located in the basement and there are 14 steps from the entrance to the studio. There is a washroom on this level but it is not wheelchair accessible.
The ground floor has one wheelchair-accessible studio. Studio E can be accessed via the gallery to avoid stairs, or via the Somerville entrance, which has two stairs. If the gallery is closed you may ring the office for assistance. Studio F, a low-barrier studio, has a door on Somerville and a ramp leading to it. There is a wheelchair-accessible washroom, with a support bar in the gallery.
There are two studios on the second floor: Studio C and Studio D/Jewellery. There are 23 steps from the 1st to the 2nd floor. The washroom on the 2nd floor is not wheelchair accessible.
There are two studios on the 3rd floor: Studio A and Studio B. There are 21 steps from the 2nd to the 3rd floor. The washroom on the 3rd floor is not wheelchair accessible.
We have support bars in all the washrooms and a changing table in the gallery washroom.
We encourage people not to wear perfume while at the Centre, an art school is already a scent-heavy place!
Our staff have received training on welcoming neurodivergent students into the classroom. If you’d like to speak to us about this please feel free to call or send an email.
If you have any questions about accessibility do not hesitate to be in touch:
Accessibility Information for the McClure Gallery at the Visual Arts Centre
We see accessibility as contextual, varied and dynamic and something that concerns everyone that interacts with the McClure Gallery. We want to make our programming as accessible as possible, so please be in touch if you have accessibility needs not already covered. We are happy to discuss and work with you to provide an alternative.
- The McClure Gallery is located on the ground floor of The Visual Arts Centre, located on Victoria Avenue in the Westmount neighborhood of Montreal. There is a ramp to enter the gallery, or you may use the stairs (there is one stair). The front door has a slope (light inclination). There is an automatic door opener. There is one glass door to get into the gallery. A staff member can assist you with the door.
- The McClure Gallery is located 650m from the Vendome metro and commuter train station, as well as near the 24, 63, 104, and 138 bus routes. Vendome metro and commuter train station has an elevator. The STM offers Paratransit service on demand. For information on schedules and fares please consult www.stm.info.
- There is paid on-street parking in the surrounding area. Parking can be quite difficult, especially in the winter. There is no designated accessible parking spot located near the gallery.
- We invite everyone and anyone to come as they are to enjoy our exhibitions and programming. Come as you are, and do what you need to feel comfortable here in a way that gives space for yourself, and doesn’t negatively impact others’ well-being. If you need to move around, twitch, pace, or not make eye contact, know that staff welcomes you to do that.
- We ask all visitors to come with low-scent in order to allow people with chemical sensitivities to be able to share the environment.
- We can provide chairs with backs on request during gallery opening hours and events.
- There is one gender-neutral washroom in the gallery. The bathroom is accessible to persons using a wheelchair. it is also equipped with a changing table.
- Children are welcome to attend all programming, unless otherwise stated. Child friendly art activities can be made available upon request for certain events. We can provide a private space to breastfeed or to pump, if needed, and a changing space.
- For lighting, the gallery is equipped with LED track lighting which can be dimmed to your preference upon request during gallery opening hours.
- We ask visitors to avoid using flash or taking photographs of other visitors without their permission.
- The language of all programming will be noted on our website and social media. Exhibition texts are always available in English and French. Live and relaxed translation is always offered on demand.
- Attendance to our exhibitions and programming is free, unless explicitly noted on our website or newsletter.
Designed and developed by WSI Digital Marketing Agency Montreal.