Deadline: October 15, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
The McClure Gallery is currently accepting submissions for its 2024-2025 exhibition programme. Contemporary artists of all media and curators with an exhibition proposal are invited to apply.
- Artists who have exhibited in a solo exhibition in the gallery within the last five years should wait before submitting an exhibition proposal.
- The gallery may not be able to support certain new media artworks due to limited equipment.
- In keeping with its mandate, the McClure Gallery prioritizes submissions from contemporary artists living in the province of Quebec, but does not exclude artists from other provinces or countries.
- The gallery has two adjoining exhibition spaces; selected proposals will be presented in one or both of these.
- McClure Gallery is an integral part of the Visual Arts Centre and seeks projects that are in line with its mandate. Proposals should include why you want to show your work here specifically, and may include a proposed plan for the space (optional).
- A floor plan of the gallery is available on our website: Link to Gallery floor plan
- McClure Gallery pays artist fees based on the CARFAC fee schedule.
- Exhibition proposals are reviewed by a committee of peers which is renewed every year.
- Artists will be informed by email of the selection committee’s decisions within 3 months.
Please ensure that your full name appears on each page of your documents. Incomplete submissions will not be presented to the selection committee.
Submissions must include:
- 10 to 20 digital images (.JPG, max 1.5 MB each) and/or links to video excerpts (8 minutes max) of recent work. N.B. Do not submit your images within a PDF document. Proposals submitted as a single PDF document will not be evaluated by the committee.
- Completed online submission form. Click here to access the form.
- 3 separate .PDF files:
- a list of your images, in the following format: artist’s name, title of artwork, year completed, medium, dimensions in cm . Do not include thumbnail images in your list of works.
- a curriculum vitae including your email, telephone number, and postal address (max. 3 pages)
- a short text about your art practice and description of your proposed project.
Submissions must be sent via WeTransfer. Paper submissions will not be accepted. For instructions on how to use WeTransfer, please visit https://wetransfer.com/. Please submit your files in one transfer via WeTransfer to email@example.com.
All files must be named in the following format:
JPG image files:
01InitialsYearTitle.jpg (image number, applicant’s initials, year artwork completed, title of the artwork).
If you have any questions, please contact us at McClure Gallery:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (514) 488-9558 x226.