School of Art Registration
Fall: August 1;
Winter: November 1;
Summer (children and teens): Feb. 15;
Spring/Summer: March 1
First Day of Each Registration Period
Online registration is available beginning at 8 am.
Registration by phone or in person begins at 9 am.
To Register Online
You may pay online with Visa of MasterCard. If you have already taken courses at the VAC, you may log into your account using the email address you have provided and creating a password. If you are a new student, you may create an account for online registration.
Register by Phone or by Mail
Or, you can register with Visa and MasterCard, by phone at (514) 488 9558 or by mail by printing the Registration Form below or in person during office hours, using cash, cheques, Visa, MasterCard or Interac.
Annual Registration Fee:
All students are required to pay an annual registration fee of $25; families are required to pay $35 Not applicable to Summer Camp or workshops. This fee is valid for one year from the session in which it was paid. Registration fees are non-refundable. Students will receive an annual student card from the Centre, which entitles them to discounts at most art supply stores.
The tuition fees must be paid in full before the course/workshop commences. Taxes are applicable except for children 14 and under. Childcare receipts for summer camp and winter break are issued automatically.
Deadline for Registration:
Students are encouraged to register early; deadline is 5 days prior to start of course.
Registration after deadline: Later registration could result in a class cancellation due to low enrollment or the class may already be at maximum capacity.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- Student withdrawals or refund requests will not be processed by telephone; please advise the Centre in writing.
- If the Visual Arts Centre cancels your course or workshop, you will receive a full refund.
- If the student withdraws from a course:
- prior to start of course, student will receive a full refund of course fees less $20 administration charge;
- after the first class, student will receive a full refund of course fees less $20 administration charge and the cost of one class. No refund will be made after the second class.
- If the student cancels attendance in a workshop or intensive course (1-5 days in length):
- 48 hours prior to start of course or workshop, student will receive full refund of course or workshop fee less $20 administrative charge;
- no refund will be made after this time.
- Transfer Fees: a $10 transfer fee applies to any course transfers.
Cancellation Policy for Youth Summer Programme
Registration must be paid in full ten days before your child attends.
Cancellations (per child, per week) for the full day Camp (from 9 am to 4 pm): written notices received before May 1: $20; up to May 31: $30; after May 31: $50. Deadline for refunds: Monday noon, one week prior to the week you wish to cancel.
Cancellations for the part-time workshops must be received before the second class. Refunds for withdrawals from a workshop after the first class also deduct the cost of one class. No refunds will be made after this time. Cancellations fees include a charge of $20 per child per session.
Transfer fees: $10 per transfer. No transfers after Mon. noon of the prior week.