July 15, 2020
To keep our community safe while in the VAC’s building this fall, there will be a series of distancing and hygiene measures in place. Below is a selection of these. A more complete list will be provided when you sign up for a course.
- Masks must be word over the mouth and nose at all times in the building.
- Everyone must maintain at least 2m distance between people.
- Students and visitors will enter through our Victoria Ave. door and will exit through the Somerville door, with the exception of students taking courses in Studio F (which has its own door).
- Students and visitors will wait outside the Victoria Ave. door, maintaining at least 2m between people. – Students’ teachers will let them into the building 15 minutes before the start of class.
- The gallery coordinator will let visitors in, respecting the maximum number of visitors allowed in at a time. We encourage people to reserve a timeslot beforehand (email@example.com).
- All visitors and students will respond to a questionnaire before entering the building. No one is allowed in the building if they:
- have symptoms related to covid-19 (fever, cough, respiratory difficulties, sudden loss of smell without congestion)
- have been in contact with anyone who they suspect has covid-19- if they tested positive for covid-19 and have not yet been diagnosed as recovered
- have travelled outside the country in the previous 14 days.
- Everyone must disinfect their hands upon entering and exiting the building and when entering and exiting the gallery and studios. Furthermore, we encourage frequent handwashing with soap and water – there are sinks in every studio and in the gallery.
- There are flow directives throughout the building, which must be adhered to.
- Visitors and students cannot enter the administrative office. All course registrations and questions must occur online or over the phone.
- Each washroom has hygiene etiquette posters, which must be followed.
- Students will be asked to clean their stations and shared tools they have used.
- If anyone tests positive for covid-19 and believes that they were infectious while in our building, they must inform administration (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Together, we will be able to make and experience art in a safe way at the Visual Arts Centre.Thank you for your cooperation.